Melbourne Boat Hire operates with a Certificate of Operation issued from the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) with collaboration from Transport Safety Victoria (TSV).
Our Commitment to you the hirer:
- Each vessel before hire is checked over by our trained staff to ensure safe to operate
- We will provide you with a induction onboard the hire vessel and a safety equipment briefing before setting off.
- We will show you how to operate and drive the hire vessel safely
- We will provide a map showing hire locations and show locations you can stop at and navigational features of the Yarra River or Maribyrnong River to observe.
- We provide a working Fire Extinguisher on each vessel
- We provide a First Aid Kit onboard each vessel
- We will be brief you on what to do in an Emergency
- Never venture out of the designated hire areas
- Always maintain a vigilant lookout and pay attention to your surroundings
- No smoking onboard any vessel
- No dumping of any waste overboard
- Respect the environment
- No drugs onboard or no driver under the influence of drugs
- Supervise any children onboard at all times
- Ensure any children onboard are wearing lifejackets
- Adhere to maximum blood alcohol limit of .05
- Report any injured wildlife to us
- All incidents and accidents must be reported to us
To view our full Safety Management System that we have in place please contact us.