1. Our commitment to maintaining your privacy
Melbourne Boat Hire is owned and operated by Melbourne Boat Hire PTY LTD (ACN 615 588 460 ) This Privacy Statement has been created because we value our users and recognise their right to keep personal information private. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for all sites managed by Melbourne Boat Hire.
2. Collecting information on visitors
• The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Website;
• The number of unique visitors to the Website;
• How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Website when they do visit; and
• Common entry and exit points into the Website.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to Melbourne Boat Hire to assist in analysing the usage of the site. This data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet websites.
Melbourne Boat Hire undertakes to keep the information submitted in your registration confidential and secure. While Melbourne Boat Hire takes all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information you provide, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the Internet or while stored on Melbourne Boat Hire systems or on the Website. Melbourne Boat Hire disclaims all liability to you to the greatest extent possible pursuant to law should this occur. Melbourne Boat Hire reserves the right at all times to monitor, retain and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. In general, the personal information Melbourne Boat Hire collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information. Melbourne Boat Hire stores the personal information you enter on the Website. Melbourne Boat Hire obtains most personal information through the Website registration process. You may, however, provide information through a variety of different means (for example if you contact Melbourne Boat Hire via email in any way, including by providing feedback). Melbourne Boat Hire will never:
• Ask you to provide personal information such as your bank or credit card details, your address, driving licence or passport numbers via email. Be suspicious of anyone who does.
• Obtain your bank or credit card details without using a secure browser window with a URL beginning ”https://”.
Melbourne Boat Hire uses a secure Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the Payment Gateway are secured payments.
• Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
• Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Melbourne Boat Hire or any outside party.
• All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
• All transaction data is encrypted.
4. Collecting information on Registered Members
As part of booking with Melbourne Boat Hire, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of Melbourne Boat Hire’s services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to Melbourne Boat Hire as detailed below.
Melbourne Boat Hire generally uses personal information to:
• Personalise and customise your experiences on the Website;
• Help Melbourne Boat Hire manage and enhance its services;
• Communicate with you;
• Provide you with ongoing information about investment opportunities on the Website in which Melbourne Boat Hire believes you may be interested; and
• Give you the opportunity from time to time to receive ‘online newsletters’ from Melbourne Boat Hire.
5. Email communications from Melbourne Boat Hire
Melbourne Boat Hire also provides you with selected information about hire opportunities. This free service is sent to registered users and provides the option of opting out of receiving these by contacting Melbourne Boat Hire. Melbourne Boat Hire may also make you aware of additional products and services, which form part of your relationship with Melbourne Boat Hire.
6. Storage & Security of Personal Information
Melbourne Boat Hire takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system. Melbourne Boat Hire allows you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Melbourne Boat Hire. However, Melbourne Boat Hire will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information. You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Melbourne Boat Hire site. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security by completing the ‘Send us an Email’ section on our contact us page.
7. Seeking access to the Personal Information Melbourne Boat Hire Holds about You
You have the right to seek access the personal information held about you and to advise Melbourne Boat Hire of any inaccuracy. If you make an access request, Melbourne Boat Hire will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Melbourne Boat Hire may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
8. Melbourne Boat Hire Partners & Advertisers
Melbourne Boat Hire welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the site. Melbourne Boat Hire stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback will be used to administer and refine the service and may be shared with Melbourne Boat Hire partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
11. Privacy & Site Changes
From time to time, Melbourne Boat Hire may review and update its privacy statement. Revised versions will be updated on the website.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with Melbourne Boat Hire, you can contact us in the following ways:
• by completing the ‘Contact Us’ section on our contact us page;
• by Telephone: 1300 988 309; or
• by post to: PO Box 296, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3207
Last updated November 2014